Semester 2 (Week 4)
Theses are the notes I took during the Tuesday afternoon workshop that took place from 14:00 to 17:00 on 24th April 2018. The tutor was Dr Claire McAvinia.
Topic for today’s workshop
– Publishing Journal Papers
Your chosen journal
– Which journal(s) does your research draw on?
– What journal is the leader in your field?
– Where is the journal published?
– Who publishes the journal?
– Are authors you have read on the editorial board?
– Does the journal publish
Computers and Education
– Brendan Tangney is on the editorial board
– How to get published in an educational journal
Structuring a Journal Paper
– Abstract / Summary
– Background / Literature Review
– Research Methods / Methodology
– Analysis / Discussion
– Conclusions (including future work)
– Appendices (Depends on Journal)
Brown and Murray
Using Murray’s 10 prompts (2009, p.1)
Do a full draft
Then do a rewrite
Keep stuff for a possible PhD.
– Publish as is
– Publish with minor changes
– Major revisions required